Are phthalates dangerous to humans?
They are harmful to the neurological & reproductive systems of human beings, especially children.
What regulatory standards do Tygon S3 units comply with?
They comply with FDA, NSF, 3-A and REACH standards.
What is DEHP?
DEHP is an odourless & colourless organic chemical that is added to plastics for making them flexible.
What is Tygon S3 tubing made of?
Tygon S3 tubing is phthalate-free and is manufactured from a bio-based or NON-DEHP plasticiser.
How do I properly cut Tygon tubing?
- Use a permanent marker or cutter wheel to mark the tubing where the cut needs to be done.
- Clamp the tubing securely in a vice or clamp to prevent it from moving while cutting.
- Use a sharp, clean tubing cutter (specially designed for plastic tubing) and rotate around the tubing, applying gentle pressure.
- Avoid using a blade as it will crush or deform the tubing while making a cut.
- Make sure to keep the cutter wheel aligned with the marked line and rotate the cutter in a single direction until the tubing is fully cut.
- After cutting, remove any burrs from the inside and outside of the edge with the help of a deburring tool or sandpaper.
- Now, clean the cut edge with a dry cloth to remove any dust or debris before making any connection.
Can Tygon tubing be used for high-pressure applications?
Yes, Tygon thermoplastic tubing features a braid reinforcement that helps it to withstand high-pressure applications.
Can Tygon tubing be used in medical applications?
Tygon ND 100-80 tubing is used in the medical industry and is available in five extremely small sizes for varied applications. This tubing is formulated with a higher durometer to offer rigidity, allowing easy handling, yet it is soft enough to reduce problems like kinking and puncturing. It features a clear glass inner bore that aids the visual monitoring when used with intravenous solutions, dialysis and other medical devices.