Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. How to install an aluminium edge trim seal clip?
- Over the flange, edge trim is pushed into position.
- Use a pneumatic air hammer in place of your hands for installations with a large volume.
- Installing lengths of edge trim will provide an excellent outcome as the ends won't fray.
- Leave some material in the produced loop after pressing the ends together.
- Then apply pressure to the edge trim to prevent stretching and ensure correct fit.
Q. Is the wire cutter suitable for cutting the edge trim?
A. Using a hand instrument, such as a wire cutter, can cause material waste due to crimped ends and subpar cuts.
Q. How to choose the right edge trim?
- Make certain that the edge thickness and the seal you choose are the same. In other words, avoid choosing a trim seal that is either too thick or too thin for the flange.
- The length of legs is another crucial factor. Shorter leg lengths are typically needed for rubber trim with deeper flanges.
- If the edge you need to cover has a bend, measure it and note the radius of the bend. Then, compare this measurement to the edge trim you are considering for minimum bend radius. Because it can't fit the radius, the edge trim may buckle, which might cause the trim seal to malfunction.