Trim Lok 3100B3X1/4A-100 trim seal aluminium clip covers & protects naked edges from wind, water & dust, ensuring a secured seal. It is ideal for glass, metallic, plastic & wooden materials. Without using screws, the trim clip can join parts to panels. It is a designed fastener that affixes to a panel stud or shaft. For tool-free assembly, a hole in a connecting part can then be forced over springs or barbs on the clip.
- Trim Lok 3100B3X1/4A-100 trim seal aluminium clip features a durable aluminium & steel core with PVC (poly vinyl chloride) covering for better gripping & abrasion resistance.
- It is supplied in a side bulb style with a flexible vinyl grip to provide excellent insulation.
- This unit has an EPDM, closed-cell sponge rubber bulb for weather-proof sealing at a maximum temperature of 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It resists ozone & sunlight ageing and provides excellent water absorption and compression.
Standards and Approvals:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. How to choose the right edge trim?
- Make certain that the edge thickness and the seal you choose are the same. In other words, avoid choosing a trim seal that is either too thick or too thin for the flange.
- The length of legs is another crucial factor. Shorter leg lengths are typically needed for rubber trim with deeper flanges.
- If the edge you need to cover has a bend, measure it and note the radius of the bend. Then, compare this measurement to the edge trim you are considering for minimum bend radius. Because it can't fit the radius, the edge trim may buckle, which might cause the trim seal to malfunction.
Q. Is the wire cutter suitable for cutting the edge trim?
A. Using a hand instrument, such as a wire cutter, can cause material waste due to crimped ends and subpar cuts.
Q. How to install an aluminium edge trim seal clip?
- Over the flange, edge trim is pushed into position.
- Use a pneumatic air hammer in place of your hands for installations with a large volume.
- Installing lengths of edge trim will provide an excellent outcome as the ends won't fray.
- Leave some material in the produced loop after pressing the ends together.
- Then apply pressure to the edge trim to prevent stretching and ensure correct fit.