Which company owns Westward?
Westward, an MRO (maintenance, repair & operation) company is a private label owned by Grainger based in North America.
Does Westward provide tools for grinding metal pieces?
Yes, Westward manufactures bench grinders for shaping, grinding and sharpening metal tools, tips, sheets and pieces in refurbishing, manufacturing and maintenance applications. Raptor Supplies also delivers pneumatic-blast-cabinets for removing rust & old paint stains from a workpiece and deburring blades for eliminating burrs from the raw edges of tools & holes of a product.
How can users select suitable Westward bottle jacks for their needs?
Westward bottle jacks feature pumps in different designs, such as side pumps, low profile pumps & inline pumps. While selecting a Westward bottle jack, the users should first note the maximum lifting capacity of the bottle jacks and then match it with their application requirements. Next comes the stroke length of the plunger and the minimum & maximum lifting height of the selected bottle jack. Customers should also pay attention to the power source needed for operating these bottle jacks. Then, they can decide on the design & placement of the pumps for operating easily in their respective locations.
What safety instructions should be followed by operators while using Westward tools?
Users/operators should wear safety glasses/face shields/goggles to protect their face or eyes for preventing injuries due to flying particles. They should also have gloves, aprons, safety shoes and breathing & hearing protection to prevent noise & accidental dropping of tools.
What standards / certifications do Westward tools abide by?
Westward tools can be UL, GS & CE listed or ETL & CSA certified while adhering to ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) and ANSI (American National Standards Institute) standards.
Which Westward storage product is suitable for organising tools in large workspaces?
If you are having difficulty organising tools in your manufacturing plant or warehouse, you can use Westward compartment cabinets to keep them all in one place.
How do I operate Westward electronic torque wrenches?
- Insert the appropriate socket attachment.
- Set your desired torque value using the wrench's digital display.
- Apply the wrench to the fastener.
- Slowly apply force until you feel a click or hear a beep, indicating the desired torque has been reached.
- Release the wrench from the fastener.
What factors should I consider before choosing Westward wrenches?
- Choose the specific type of wrench needed.
- Consider the required size range for your applications.
- Check the material and build quality for long-lasting use.
- Research Westward's reputation for quality tools.
- Set a budget that matches your needs and preferences.
- Review available warranty options for added assurance.
How do I clean and maintain Westward wrenches?
- Wipe the wrenches clean after use to remove dirt and debris.
- Apply a light coat of lubricant to prevent rust and ensure smooth operation.
- Store the wrenches in a dry place, ideally on a tool rack, to prevent damage.
- Periodically check for wear, damage, or rust and address issues promptly.
- Use the wrenches only for their intended purpose to prolong their lifespan.